The VISION of the Wentzville Fire Protection District is to be known throughout the Community for high quality, professional service with competent, trusted, well-trained, dedicated and respected people as leaders and firefighters.
In the Beginning
- Volunteer members organized and placed in service a Model T with a small water tank and pump with limited fire hose. It was garaged on Linn Avenue in the City of Wentzville.
- 1934: The City of Wentzville built a New City Hall, which housed a deep well and fire equipment for the next 20 years.
- 1942: A Central Fire Truck was purchased through fundraisers like baseball and softball tournaments as well as plays performed by volunteers, and the sale of public fire tag subscriptions.
- 1959: First fire station was constructed to house the offices and trucks of the Volunteer Fire Department at 209 West Peace Boulevard.
- 1971: Voters approved measures to form the Wentzville Fire Protection District. The district encompasses 88 square miles of Western St. Charles County.
1970’s through 1990’s the District continues to Grow
- 1970’s and 1980’s: Additional three fire stations were built in the City of Flint Hill, City of Foristell and the Dardenne Prairie area.
- 1991: Seven volunteers became paid members. Throughout the 1990’s and early 2000’s the staff grew with Firefighter/EMTs.
2014 and Beyond:
- 2014: The district was successful in passing a bond and tax initiative.
- 2016-2017: An additional 18 firefighter/paramedics are hired and staffed on frontline apparatus
- First fire district in St. Charles County to provide Advanced Life Support on frontline .
- To keep up with the growing district, four long standing-sustainable fire stations and administrative offices/training center are constructed and opened.
- 2017-2018: Four Rosenbauer pumpers and a Rosenbauer 100 foot bucket truck are purchased and put into service.
Wentzville Fire District is one of the largest fire districts in St. Charles County covering 88 square miles. The district extends to the Lincoln County line to the North, the Warren County line to the West and South and East to Weldon Springs Road and Lake Saint Louis Boulevard.
There are currently 61 full time employees and three Board members. The district continues to seek the most efficient ways to deliver the most advanced emergency and rescue services.
The district is comprised of five stations: Station #1 and Administrative Offices/training center are located at 502 Luetkenhaus Boulevard in Wentzville, Station #2 is located in the northern portion of our district at 1855 Peine Road, Wentzville, Station #3 is located in Foristell at 1146 Clinton Prinster Memorial Drive, Station #4 is at 8210 Orf Road in Lake Saint Louis, and Station #5 is in the southern section of the fire district at 99 Whisper Creek Drive, Wentzville.