The Wentzville Firefighters have a very robust Community Outreach program. The Firefighters reach out to all segments of our Community. The administrative staff also belongs to and participates in numerous organizations throughout our district. Our people enjoy participating in:
- Pancake breakfasts with our seniors at Boardwalk Senior Living in Winghaven. Our firefighters buy and make pancakes and sausage for them.
- Blood pressure checks are available at all the firehouses for our seniors and others who need their blood pressure taken.
- Planned activities at Twin Oaks Assisted Living, where they play Wii-Bowling, have movie nights, go fishing, and also BBQ having [hotdogs and burgers for lunch].
- Attends monthly meetings at Green Lantern, our firefighters provide safety talks, and our inspectors do annual safety inspections. We also have lunch with the seniors and we even auction off a few of our firefighters to help with their fundraising efforts.
- CPR Classes for all ages.
- Partnering with GM’s UAW to help deliver meals to the Elder Court residents.
- Partnering with Caring & Sharing to help deliver food to residents of Patricia Court.
- Partnering with the Red Cross to provide smoke detectors (standalone not hardwired) and batteries for the residents of our district.
- Replacing smoke detector batteries for the elderly and disabled residents of our district.
- On incidents our firefighters can help homeless to find a warm or cool place to stay and get a warm meal.
- Providing public safety demonstrations at our high schools during the week of prom.
- Providing Fire Safety talks and handing out safety educational books and materials to the schools throughout our community.
- Participating in all community parades handing out candy and glow necklaces with our Fire Apparatus and Staff Vehicles.
- Participating in National Night Out with our firefighters and staff visiting several neighborhoods in our community.
- Participating in neighborhood Halloween events handing out candy and glow necklaces with our firefighters and staff.
- Partnering with Western St Charles County Chamber of Commerce to bring Santa to Wentzville.
- Partnering with the Rotarians, Kiwanians and Lions Club for activities and fundraising in the Community.
- Bringing Santa to the local schools.
- Partnering with the Wentzville School District to bring Coats for Kids, through fundraising efforts such as Bingo and Trivia nights.
- Cinco de Mayo and Casino nights at the Heritage of Hawk Ridge Community.
- Partnering with Little Black Book and Toys for Tots.
- Providing Rides to Schools for Perfect Attendance through the Wentzville School District.
- Providing Safety Fire Station Tours for kids of the district.
- Providing Kids Camp for kids of the district during summer.
- Partnering with Teen Cert.
We are very proud of members and their commitment to the Community.
For more information, please email [email protected]